It is our mission to bring you up-to-date health-related news and information that you can rely on to be accurate and trustworthy.
We cover a wide variety of subjects on Health Web Magazine in order to meet the diverse needs of our readers. However, our main objective is to provide practical information that is applicable to daily life and, as such, we hope that you choose the content that is most appropriate for your own situation. While all our articles and reports/reviews are checked and verified by our team of health professionals, our site does not replace advice from your own physician and we do not aim to treat, cure or diagnose any health condition.
Health Web Magazine selects and publishes original content based upon the following criteria:
- Relevance – We focus on issues that directly affect how you manage your health and that of your immediate family. As such, we include up-to-the-minute health news and expert commentary, drug and product recalls, and important health advisories.
- Clinical Significance – Our content provides readers with the latest medical findings from some of the leading health journals and industry websites from around the world.
- Timeliness – We offer readers information based on issues that arise throughout the year, including summer safety, seasonal allergies, avoiding colds and flu and more. It is also our priority to highlight health awareness months such as those for breast cancer, heart and stroke, diabetes, and epilepsy.
- Accuracy – In a world of ‘fake news’ and outdated, inaccurate health information, it is vital that we are a reliable, trustworthy source that our readers can always rely on. Our stringent verification process is unlike any other and always ensures 100% accuracy.
Our Policy for Editorial Staff
Health Web Magazine is an independent media service and all content is free from influence by sponsors, partners, or other sources unless clearly stated.
We require our editorial staff to fully disclose at the time of hiring any interest that he or she may have in a healthcare company (including pharmaceuticals, medical devices, natural supplements), financial or otherwise. If they do, we then determine if this presents a conflict of interest and act accordingly.
Our editorial staff are never involved in content relating to our sponsors and advertisers. They work solely on reporting the latest health-related events and issues. While they actively seek out commentary from qualified professionals and company representatives, it is their job to present their findings in an objective, ethical and balanced manner and always uphold the highest journalistic standards.
News & Original Article Process
Our editorial staff hold regular meetings to discuss and plan the content requirements for the website. They consider everything from the latest information in leading medical journals and announcements from federal health agencies, to social media health trends and issues affecting the day-to-day lives of our readers. As part of the research process for their stories, they meet with prominent medical leaders and experts to get in-depth analysis and a frontline perspective that is unique to our website.
As with our standard operating procedure, each completed article is reviewed twice: first by a medical editor for accuracy pertaining to facts, statistics and medical terminology and then by a copyeditor who not only checks for typos and grammatical errors, but makes sure it reads well, following the style and tone of our website. Only when it has been through both processes is it deemed ready for publishing.
Any licensed content from third parties is reviewed by our senior editors regarding our own policies. As with everything we publish, this content must be accurate, timely, relevant and without conflict of interest.
Advertising & Sponsored Content Policy
As a visitor to our website, you will see that some content, buttons, badges, and banners are labeled Sponsored, From Our Sponsor, or Advertisement. We value this content and believe it provides important information for our readers, but please keep in mind that this content is not subject to the editorial policy. It is, however, still subject to our Advertising & Sponsored Content Policy.
Our advertising partners and sponsors help us cover costs associated with operating and maintaining this website. However, in the interests of full transparency, please note that we follow strict rules when selecting advertising and sponsorship content and ensure that:
- There is always a clearly marked distinction (border, marker, label etc.) between editorial content and advertising/ sponsored content.
- All advertising displayed on Health Web Magazine is clearly labeled as ‘Ad’, ‘Advertisement’, ‘Sponsored’ or other such designation that can be immediately identified by the reader.
- “Native’ ads and sponsored content are also marked with the word ‘Ad’, ‘Advertisement’, ‘Sponsored’ or similar written designation.
- Editorial content is never influenced by our advertising partners and sponsors.
If you are interested in advertising on Health Web Magazine, please make sure you have read and understood our policy; the terms apply to the desktop and mobile versions of our website.
Available advertising opportunities on Health Web Magazine include:
- Sponsored content
- Contextual advertisements
- Third-party banners
We refer to all the above as ‘advertisements’ or ‘ads’. Our advertising policy regulates all issues pertaining to the placement of advertising and sponsored content on our website. Health Web Magazine has the responsibility to apply the terms of the policy and the discretion to interpret it.
We reserve the right to adjust the terms of the advertising policy at any moment if we feel it is necessary. We also reserve the right to choose how the ads will be displayed on our website and whether to accept or reject any advertisement or sponsored content.
Partners that advertise, promote, distribute or manufacture services or products featured on Health Web Magazine do not have the right to influence or affect this in any way.