An Introduction To Male Sexual Health
For men, sexual health can be hard to talk about sometimes. That’s why many men choose home remedies for erectile dysfunction too commonly because they don’t want to talk to a doctor about it.
They are simply too embarrassed. But self-diagnosis and treatment rarely work out. That’s why so many home remedies end up failing: the problem is misdiagnosis, in the first place.
The truth is that your sexual health is directly linked to other areas of health and well-being.
That’s why you can’t afford to ignore talking to a doctor about any problems you may be having. Simply taking vitamins for erectile strength may not be enough.
Besides, one of the most common sexual health problems for men is erectile dysfunction, which is the inability to achieve or maintain an erection for the duration of sexual intercourse. Vitamins for erectile strength can help, but it’s important to understand this topic from all aspects.
Vitamins for Erectile Dysfunction
Erectile dysfunction, commonly referred to as ED, is a problem that affects many men around the world. And the older you get, the more likely you are to develop it.
As a result, there has been much talk about vitamins for erectile strength. But you should know all the facts before going all-in on vitamins.
In many studies, men with certain vitamin deficiencies were at significantly higher risk of developing ED than men with ample vitamin levels.
While vitamins may not be the out and out cure, there are vitamins for erectile strength that can make the condition better. The studies also suggest that by making sure you have a good level of certain vitamins; you may avoid the condition altogether.
The studies also suggest that getting good vitamins for erectile strength through your regular diet may be the best way to improve your vitamin level profile.
But failing that, there are several reputable erectile dysfunction supplements and vitamins that can work as effective home remedies for erectile dysfunction.
Can Vitamins Possibly Help With Erectile Strength?
So, if vitamins are one of the many home remedies for erectile dysfunction, then this question must be asked: can vitamins improve erectile strength in healthy men? The short answer is yes.
That’s because many causes of erectile dysfunction have to do with blood flow to the extremities.
There is a substance called nitric oxide that acts as a vasodilator and helps blood flow throughout the body. If you are not getting a sufficient amount of blood to your penis, you are going to find it very hard to maintain or even achieve a strong erection.
Therefore, nitric oxide is needed for erectile strength. And some vitamins can increase your nitric oxide profile levels. This indicates that there is a link between vitamins and erectile strength.
Are vitamins a necessary part of home remedies for erectile dysfunction? Not necessarily because there are a lot of factors at play with erectile dysfunction. For example, the cause may be mental and have nothing to do with your body.
That said, if the causes of your ED are indeed physical, then vitamins can, at the very least, be an effective way to prevent erectile dysfunction from happening in the first place.
It is best to think of vitamins as a preventative measure rather than a flat-out cure. If you adopt this mindset, then you may find that vitamin supplementation is indeed one of the beneficial home remedies for erectile dysfunction.
What Vitamins Can Help With ED?
It is important to find out the best natural vitamins for ED. Here are the ones every man needs to know about:
- Vitamin C – Not only is vitamin C one of the best vitamins for men and women in general, but there has also been a ton of conclusive research showing that ample vitamin C supplementation can help increase testosterone levels in men.
Low testosterone is one of the leading causes of erectile dysfunction and other sexual decline issues for men. Simply put; more testosterone, better erections; more Vitamin C, the more testosterone you are likely to have.
- Vitamin D – Vitamin D has been indicated in many studies that observed the health of men with severe erectile dysfunction. In these studies, it was shown that men with severe ED almost always have a low level of vitamin D as well.
And while the link between vitamin D and erectile health remains a mystery, it is nonetheless clear that it is one of the best natural vitamins for ED. It is so natural that the most abundant source can be found in natural sunlight.
- L-Arginine – While not necessarily a vitamin in the classic definition of the word, L-Arginine is nonetheless an important supplement to consider. That’s because it acts as a precursor to nitric oxide in the blood. And, as we pointed out earlier, nitric oxide can help with the physical causes of ED. L-arginine can be taken as a supplement along with other natural vitamins for ED.
- Niacin – Niacin is the more common term for Vitamin B3. Vitamin B3 is usually listed as Niacin on the ingredients lists of many natural vitamins for ED. Niacin has been proven in many studies not to cure ED, but significantly ease the symptoms of it for men suffering from moderate to severe ED. Some of the rich, natural sources of Niacin include avocados, brown rice, and peanuts.
- Vitamin B9 – Vitamin B9, also known simply as folic acid, is another substance that is of interest to men with ED. Several studies examined men with severe ED, and it was found that most of them exhibited a vitamin B9 deficiency.
Furthermore, in subsequent studies on ED treatment, it was found that folic acid supplementation helps with the clinical treatment of erectile dysfunction. And although folic acid is one of the natural vitamins for ED, it may be better tolerated and absorbed in the body if ingested via the natural foods that it occurs in.
These foods include broccoli, avocado, eggs, beans, bananas, and various citrus fruits.
- Selenium – Again, selenium is not one of the natural vitamins for ED in and of itself. But it does contain some very helpful vitamins for prostate health. And several studies have shown that one of the most common physical causes of erectile dysfunction is some sort of prostate issue.
Normally, benign prostatic hyperplasia or a noncancerous swelling of the prostate gland. So, which vitamins in selenium help with that? Selenium is a natural source of vitamin A and E, both of which are important to prostate health.
- Zinc – Zinc is one of the best vitamins for men because it is super beneficial for the prostate as well.
Zinc is found in great abundance naturally in the prostate. And while it is still unclear why it appears so predominantly in the prostate, what is clear is that it is essential to normal prostate function.
The best vitamins for men are the ones that address total health – including sexual health. Because sexual health is tied to other areas of your body, and not just your sexual organs.
It’s also important to implement a healthier lifestyle if you wish to avoid or ease current erectile dysfunction symptoms.
That’s the reason why the best vitamins for men are also those that help you maintain an active, healthy lifestyle.
Be sure that you are taking vitamins or supplements that will help give you energy as well as those that are specifically designed to help with the symptoms of erectile dysfunction.
Besides, talking to your doctor about any sexual issues you may be experiencing should be of utmost importance.
The best vitamins for men often vary depending on the body chemistry of the individual, and your doctor can prescribe the vitamins that suit you.
Of course, the aforementioned list of the best vitamins for men is a great place to start if you are looking to live healthier and manage your ED.