Overview Of Juvederm
Juvederm is a line of injectable gels that can be used to help plump up the skin below the dermal surface to make it appear younger. Juvederm is available as a cheek plumping treatment, a lip plumping treatment, and as a treatment for wrinkles. It’s important to note that these injectable gels have a shelf life and need to be re-injected after a certain amount of time.
How Does Juvederm Work?
Juvederm is an interesting skincare treatment. It comes as a line of injectable gels that work under the skin’s surface to firm and to smooth it out. It is made of a hyaluronic base and needs to be injected by a doctor. The hyaluronic acid-base of the gel is injected into strategic places under the skin where it can deliver nutrients directly to the epidermis rather than being absorbed by the skin like normal creams and serums.
Who Is The Manufacturer Of Juvederm?
Juvederm and all its products are a brand of a company called Allergan. Allergan has its headquarters in Dublin, Ireland and they make a number of both cosmetic and general health products.
What Are The Ingredients In Juvederm?
Juvederm is only made of a single active ingredient: hyaluronic acid. And while this may be a benefit for some people – not everyone wants a bunch of things injected into their faces – some may see this as a hindrance to the effectiveness of the product. There is also lidocaine, however which is supposed to make the injections more comfortable. Here is a breakdown of these ingredients:
What Are The Benefits Of Juvederm?
- This product may offer a quick way to plump up your cheeks
- You can also use this product to make your lips appear fuller and younger
- Juvederm features only a couple of active ingredients, which could limit the possibility of negative reactions in the skin
- The Hyaluronic Acid in Juvederm may be able to minimize the appearance of certain blemishes on the skin and eliminate some wrinkles and facial creases
What Are The Drawbacks Of Juvederm?
- One of the drawbacks to this product is that it needs to be injected by a doctor at a medical facility and should never be done at home
- The injection could be very painful for some people
- The effects of Juvederm are not permanent, and the user may have to undergo several injections to maintain the effects
- Some bruising, redness, and other discoloration may occur at the site of injection
FAQs: Consumer Questions & Answers
Juvederm is regarded as generally safe if it is injected by a licensed physician. Of course, as an injection, you can expect some initial pain.
- Since the injection of Juvederm is a medical procedure, the price will vary. In general, though, you can expect to pay between $450 and $600 for a single injection of any of the Juvederm fillers.
Again, Juvederm is an injectable gel filler and should only be handled by a licensed physician. This is not a topical treatment, and we cannot stress enough that you should never try to inject the gel into your own or anyone else’s face.
There is no return policy for this product as it is a gel filler that is injected underneath the skin. Also, you cannot get a free trial sample of it.
This product can be compared to Botox. In fact, Botox is made by the same company as Juvederm. They are similar in the sense that they are both skin treatments that are injected directly underneath the skin’s surface. But Juvederm reviews have mentioned that hyaluronic acid is gentler on the skin than Botox. Hyaluronic acid is natural, so while the injection procedure may be invasive, the active ingredient is at least naturally occurring as opposed to what’s in Botox.
Some of the side effects include redness, skin discoloration, bruising, skin dryness, and lumps or bumps around the site of injection. While these side effects are common, they have not been observed to last for more than 30 days. Most people who experience side effects are affected for about two weeks.
If you can handle needles, then maybe. But this is still an injection, and it’s expensive.
What Are Consumers Saying About Juvederm?
Most customers who tried it were satisfied with the results. Juvederm reviews reflect satisfaction that it took effect almost immediately.
But people who didn’t like it usually mentioned side effects that lasted for almost a month, which negate the worth of the product.