- Colorectal cancer is a cancer of the rectum or colon, found at the lower end of the digestive tract.
- Colonic polyps are when extra tissue grows in the colon that can become cancerous.
- Ulcerative colitis is when the rectum or colon gets ulcers on them.
- Diverticulitis is inflammation or infection of pouches in the colon.
- Irritable bowel syndrome is a common but uncomfortable condition causing abdominal cramping and other symptoms.
From the above, you can see what happens inside the system when the colon is not well. We all know when our toilet system is not working properly at home; how unhealthy and unsightly the outcome is – how imperative it is to fix it! And it’s the same with the colon.
Do colon health supplements make the digestive system smooth?
- Treatment for colonic diseases varies greatly and treatment may involve diet, medicines, and in some cases, surgery.
- There are numerous studies  that demonstrate that if you do not have good gut health, your immune system, mental health, mood, endocrine system, auto-immune diseases, skin problems, and cancer are very likely to occur.
- Don’t confuse a colon cleanse with using chemical laxatives or anti-diarrheal type medications!
- Even though better waste elimination is a top goal of a colon cleanse, top cleanses will contain supplements that have natural herbs in them; that help to heal the lining of the colon and remove toxins organically from the body. However, “The presumed health benefits of these treatments are not proven.” That’s what a medical oncologist at the Cedars-Sinai Tower Hematology Oncology Medical Group; Dr. David Hoffman says .
How to Choose Best Supplement For Colon Health?
- The correct supplements will have active ingredients in them, consisting of a combination of natural laxatives, fiber, vitamins, probiotics, minerals, and essential vitamins as well as detoxifiers. All these will work together to remove unhealthy toxins and residues from your colon.
- Naturally, when you choose a colon cleanse, you need to read the product list so you can determine whether you might be sensitive or allergic to the ingredients.
- You need to realize too that a lot of dietary supplements are not regulated by the FDA. That’s why it’s best to consult with a medical professional so that if you are taking any prescription medications; interactions with other medications are prevented.
What are the top rated colon health supplements for colon health?
Below are the top rated colon health supplements on the market today.
This is an all-natural powerful colon cleaner that tops our list of colon cleansers. It contains natural ingredients such as fennel seeds, garlic, oat bran, lemon peel, alfalfa leaf, guar gum, etc.
Its natural ingredients ensure that you do not compromise on your health and diet goals. Manufactured by the reputed Pharmaxa Labs, it offers gentle laxative effects rather than other harsh cleansers that compel frequent visits to the bathroom.
Its ingredients help ease constipation; break down wastes, reduce indigestion, and boost your soluble fiber intake. It is designed to eliminate compressed waste that is settled in your digestive tract. Apart from cleansing, it also promotes weight loss and boosts your immunity system.
It comes with a 60-day risk-free guarantee and can be purchased from their official store. Customer reviews have indicated positive reviews about freedom from embarrassing stomach issues and also improvement in their energy levels.
Holigos is a probiotic that supercharges your gut health. Holigos provides your body with the nutrients needed to help restore the right balance to your gut. It contains 2′-Fucosyllactose and Lacto-N-neotetraose, which are natural to your body. It is manufactured by Glycom, a biotechnology company.
It does not contain any artificial components, soy, added sugar, gluten, yeast, etc. and is diet-friendly. Also, can be used by anyone who is lactose intolerant. It strengthens your intestinal wall and boosts its ability to stay away from the bad bacteria.
Online reviews of satisfied clients have indicated a significant reduction in bloating after a month of use of this medicine. However, the manufacturers suggest usage of Holigos under medical supervision.
As modern lifestyles do not allow us to consume foods that are fresh and raw, our body becomes deprived of essential enzymes that are necessary to break down the foods we consume. This is where a food enzyme supplement such as Terrazyme can be useful. It is manufactured by doTerra, a company dealing chiefly in essential oils.
Terrazyme has a powerful combination of digestive enzymes which are so critical for the healthy function of the biochemicals in your body. The enzymes in the DigestZen TerraZyme Digestive Enzyme Complex help in efficient breakdown of fats, sugars, fibers, carbohydrates, and other foods. It contains enzymes such as Protease, Cellulase, Lipase, Amylase, Anti-Gluten Enzyme Blend, etc.
Apart from boosting gastrointestinal comfort, it aids in management of intolerance for specific types
Viscera-3 is a postbiotic that improves the health of the gut. It also has healthful natural ingredients like grape seed extract, which improves digestion and gut health. Using this supplement, you rid yourself of bloating, diarrhea, gas, constipation, and other stomach issues. It contains time-released triple-action POSTbiotics, which aid in good gut health and helps your body produce healthy poop.
Some of its ingredients include grape seed extract, magnesium, pomegranate extract, and Multifactor Chromium. Manufactured by SANE, the supplement chiefly focuses on improvement of your poop quality by nourishing gut wall lining. The makers claim that time-released triple-action of this postbiotic delivers faster relief from stomach issues and reduces that stubborn belly fat.
Online reviews indicate successful stories of good bowel movements and weight loss.
Synbiotic-365 is an advanced probiotic supplement manufactured by United Naturals, a manufacturer of health supplements. It is an advanced formula containing both probiotic and other elements and vitamins necessary for maintaining a healthy gut flora. Some of its ingredients include Riboflavin, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6, Biotin, Pantothenic acid, etc.
Poor diet and antibiotics often affect our gut bacteria. This supplement focuses on improving the health of your gut flora so that you don’t get ongoing food cravings all the time. Apart from promising relief from embarrassing digestive issues, it promotes weight loss and boosts immunity by aiding in management of Vitamin B deficiencies.
Makers claim it to be a safe supplement, however you may want to check for any kind of allergies to its ingredients. Online reviews showcase positive results, however it may come with certain side-effects such as gas and bloating. It is best to talk with your healthcare advisor to avoid risk of overdose.
Are there any pros and cons of using colon supplements?
- You can supercharge your gut health with colon supplements.
- It prepares the body for having a medical procedure such as a colonoscopy.
- It can remove pathogens from the body from, for instance, putrefied feces that collect in the colon – which can cause arthritis and asthma.
- Constipation is alleviated, making it easy for the stools to pass through the system.
- It can make you feel nauseous with vomiting, stomach cramps, and bloating; even dehydration.
- It might not be as effective as you believed. Health experts think the body already does a good job of eliminating pathogens and waste materials unless there are definite problems with the digestive system. Because of this, they consider colon cleansing to be unnecessary 
Frequently asked questions about taking colon supplements
Even though they are not promoted as weight loss programs, you could lose several pounds of weight in water. As your digestive system improves, it could mean additional weight loss.
All the B vitamins are important. Get in plenty of iron, vitamin C, vitamin D, selenium, zinc, and magnesium.
Get regularly tested. Eat a colon health diet, which means cutting out red meat and processed foods. Check your BMI out regularly, exercise, quit smoking, and limit your alcohol intake.
"Artificial colon cleansers are big business," says Melinda Johnson, a registered dietician from Arizona. Like all medications, when taken to the extreme, they can be harmful, which means there can be risks .
Keeping your colon happy is the bottom line
Colon cleansing supplements are designed to detoxify the digestive tract and help restore the waste elimination cycle. They are not intended to be high-powered laxatives or stool softeners.
In fact, colon cleansing comes from a phenomenon called “autointoxication”  – many doctors of the 19th century accepted autointoxication as a fact. Today’s experts say there isn’t such a thing as autointoxication. They say our bodies do their elimination very well – and that the colon doesn’t have any ‘pockets’ that collect stool and cause toxins and disease to develop.
If you are eating a diet that is high in sugar and fat and a lot of red meat, for instance, you are increasing your risk of developing colon cancer. By allowing yourself to become overweight, smoking, excessive alcohol intake can also adversely affect the health of the colon. Then you might find a colonic cleanse beneficial by taking the above top supplements.
What do you think? You and your doctor will know what’s right for you!
2] ↑ https://www.cedars-sinai.org/blog/colon-cleansing.html
3] ↑ https://www.nccih.nih.gov/health/detoxes-and-cleanses-what-you-need-to-know
4] ↑ https://www.webmd.com/balance/guide/natural-colon-cleansing-is-it-necessary#1
5] ↑ https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6263106/