Prologue on How to Get Clear Skin Naturally
If you want to know how to get clear skin, you must know one thing about it first because that will determine what more you will add to your diet, or what products to buy, etc.
Know what your skin type is. If you are unsure about it, don’t worry. Read this here and you will know where you fit in concerning your skin type. When you know what type of skin you have, then you can choose the right products that will bring out your hidden health and beauty.
Further, top skin beauty therapists and dermatologists will tell you that it is possible to buy the wrong products for your skin, and then your skin can suffer.
We’ll say it again, how to get clear skin depends on what you put into your body. We have 12 ways to do that.
Some home remedies for clear skin:
1. Hydrate with water – You are probably tired of people saying drink plenty of water, but it’s all about how to get clear skin, which is of utmost importance. If you increase the amount of water you drink, you wash away toxins in the body that accumulate from a poor diet. If toxins are washed away, your skin will start glowing.
If you can’t face water so many times a day, another way how to get clear skin naturally is through herbal teas for some extra health-giving nutrients and dermal benefits.
2. Wear sunscreen every day – Apply sunscreen daily because the skin gets damaged by the rays of the sun. You should wear at least an SPF 15 or more if you intend to be outside for long.
3. Avoid Stress: Another one you might be tired of hearing is how stress can play havoc with your skin, let alone the entire body! Stress can cause breakouts and make your skin look dry and washed out with black rings under the eyes. It’s not easy to deal with stress but there are certainly ways to lessen it. Exercise, yoga, deep breathing, and meditation can help reduce stress levels.
4. Exercise – Exercise, sure, is a way on how to get clear skin. It gets your blood circulating and your heart pumping. It just speaks for itself, doesn’t it?
5. Enough Sleep – If you want to keep dark circles and bags under your eyes at bay, and how to get clear skin naturally, sufficient sleep is the answer – a therapeutic sleep.
Get into the habit of sleeping on your back because the older you get, when you sleep on your side, wrinkles and lines form on the side of your face where you lie on.
6. Ditch alcohol and smoking – Again, what you put into your body is about how to get clear skin. Cigarettes and excessive alcohol drinking play havoc with your looks and skin, causing premature aging.
7. Clean makeup tools – Good tips for clear skin that are easy to forget are to keep all your makeup tools spotlessly clean and washing them once a week with warm water and mild soap. Rinse out well, allowing them to dry naturally until they are completely dry.
9. Use less makeup – Avoid plastering your skin with heavy makeup because it can clog the pores and prevent your skin from breathing. Once you have achieved beautiful smooth glowing skin, you will discover that you won’t need so much makeup in any case; you will have found how to clear skin naturally, without the need for so much makeup, less will be more!
10. Remove makeup at bedtime – Don’t go to bed with all your makeup that you had on during the day still on your face. Your face needs to be clean and free to breathe and heal during the night.
11. Exfoliate your skin regularly – Sometimes acne is caused by dead skin cells that mix with the oils of your face and clog up the pores. When you exfoliate gently, you get rid of the dead skin cells, achieving clearer skin. Ensure your exfoliator isn’t a harsh one as that can irritate your skin and cause flare-ups.
12. Eat mindfully – Diet tops it all when it comes to skincare. This means cutting out processed foods, takeaways, baked pastries, and sugary snacks, etc. That’s your answer to how to get clear skin naturally!
Dos and Don’ts Tips for Clear Skin
- Don’t put too much moisturizer on your skin, particularly the richer, heavier creams so your pores don’t get clogged.
- Do make sure your pillowcase is always clean because your skin breathes in hair product residue, dirt, bacteria, and so on. Wash your pillowcase and sheets often.
- Don’t practice having frequent hot showers because hot water removes the natural oils from the skin. If it’s very hot, it can cause dryness and inflammation too.
- Do work up a sweat when you exercise because it puts a healthy glow to the skin while also reducing the stress hormone cortisol.
- Don’t keep your cellphone pressed to your skin when you are talking because germs from wherever it has been during the day get transferred to your skin, causing rashes, breakouts, etc.
Here’s A 13th Tip and It’s About Home Remedies for Clear Skin
Tips for clear skin will always suggest using natural methods. Many people don’t even realize it, but those expensive creams that are doing such ‘good’ jobs might indeed contain harmful ingredients, chemicals, and toxins. Most store-bought commercially-produced products for the skin are packed with preservatives, fragrances, artificial colors, and stabilizers – these can have a major negative effect on your skin.
There are natural home remedies for clear skin that work equally with skincare products that contain harsh chemicals. The great thing about these natural products is that they promote skin health while avoiding harmful effects to the skin.
Some women will only use natural home remedies for clear skin; they have traditional old recipes brought down from the centuries that they swear by. Look at what famous Dr. Axe says about using commercial products, and the harm they can do.
Natural Home Remedies for Clear Skin
- Coconut Oil – Coconut oil strengthens the underlying epidermal tissue. It helps to remove dead skin cells due to its antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal properties. It is also an antioxidant. Not only is it excellent for the skin, but for the hair as well.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – An inexpensive natural skin product that is excellent for the skin, apple cider vinegar helps to kill bacteria on the skin. It cleanses it and sees what a good job it does to clear acne. This is because apple cider vinegar has antifungal properties. It was Hippocrates (460-377 BC), who believed in the use of raw honey and apple cider vinegar for cleansing the skin of sores and ulcerations.
- Raw Honey – Raw honey is a gift from nature. It is a natural source of enzymes, nutrients, minerals and is antiseptic. It is mentioned no less than 61 times in the Bible and John the Baptist lived on it. It provides moisturizing properties, contains antiseptic qualities, encourages wound healing, and fights allergies and rashes. Remember we are talking raw honey here, not processed honey.
- Sea Salt – Sea salt contains plenty of nutrients and minerals and most of the minerals are the same ones that are found in skin cells. Use Celtic sea salt or real Himalayan salt as a toner or a scrub because it has outstanding anti-inflammatory properties that soothe the skin and remove dead skin cells.
- Aloe Vera – Aloe Vera contains bacterial fighting ingredients. It has been used very much in traditional Chinese medicine to treat fungal diseases of the skin and inflammation, itching, and redness.
All of us dream of clear skin that glows even without makeup. By the time we are teenagers, we dream about the glowing moist skin of the beautiful women on the movie screens. But with hormones, pollution, medications, and other pore-clogging aggressors, along with bad diet, erratic lifestyle, and loads of stress to boot, sometimes we are not even aware of what havoc these play on our skin.
For some, achieving a clear, blemish-free complexion seems an impossible feat. But with some lifestyle and diet changes, following a consistent skincare routine, and following our tips for clear skin, it can be achieved. The best foundation you can wear is healthy, glowing, skin!