Read on to know more about what an enlarged prostate is and what is involved in natural prostate health.
What Is an Enlarged Prostate?
Enlarged prostate or BPH occurs when the cells in the prostate gland abnormally grow in size. As the prostate grows, it presses on the urethra, leading to incomplete emptying of the bladder and other signs of prostate problems.
What Are the Dangers of Having an Enlarged Prostate?
An enlarged prostate clamps down on one’s urethra, restricting the flow of urine from the bladder. That leads to various sexual and urinary difficulties. These signs of prostate problems include:
- Uncontrolled and frequent urination
- Urinary leaks and dribbling
- Difficulty in voiding
- Pain when urinating
- Urinary tract infections (UTIs)
- Anal pain after ejaculation
- Nocturnal urination tendencies
It is good to note that BPH is not associated with cancer. However, it can cause serious prostate problems like kidney damage, bladder stones, and even blood in the urine. Therefore, if you have any of these severe signs of prostate problems, make sure you seek medical help from a urologist.
What Is the Best Way to Shrink an Enlarged Prostate Fast?
The best way to shrink prostate fast depends mainly on your BPH’s nature, health status, access to medical insurance, and even your household budget. That said, though, there are several methods on how to shrink the prostate fast. You can either choose to go the all-natural way, put your faith in medication like alpha-blockers, surgery, or even try various modernized therapies like heat therapy.
Suppose you, however, do not have the means to afford these treatment methods. In that case, you can use natural remedies for enlarged prostate, which are inexpensive and scientifically-proven to be the most effective way to shrink one’s prostate.
Moreover, to shrink prostate fast, you can make some much-needed lifestyle changes like:
- Avoiding drinking alcohol and artificial sweeteners
- Consuming less amount of water in the evening
- One of the best ways on how to shrink prostate is by emptying your bladder before leaving home
- You can also shrink prostate fast by consulting with your doctor if you are under any antidepressants or decongestants
- Eating more fruits and fibers
- Another way on how to shrink prostate is by maintaining a healthy weight
- Also, you can shrink prostate fast by going for urethral massages
What Are the Best Natural Remedies for Managing an Enlarged Prostate?
The best natural prostate health ingredients include:
- Saw Palmetto – It is the most popular natural remedies for enlarged prostate. According to a 2000 report, the extract helps in improving urinary flow rate. It also reduces one’s need to wake up at night to urinate.
- Pygeum (African Plum tree extract) – Based on the Canadian Journal of Urology, Pygeum effectively manages BPH and is mostly used as a therapy for inflammation, urinary issues, and a libido enhancer. The natural element has also been proven to contain fatty acids and sterols like Beta-Sitosterol, which has an anti-inflammatory effect on one’s urogenital system.
- Cernilton – Also referred to as ryegrass pollen, the herbal extract is one of the best natural prostate health remedies. The ingredient is ideal for reducing BPH symptoms, including lacking the ability to empty the bladder fully and frequent nocturnal urination issues.
- Lycopene – According to the Nutrition and Cancer Journal, lycopene is one of the top natural prostate health remedies. Mostly found in grapefruits, tomatoes, papaya, red cabbage, red bell peppers, and apricot, lycopene inhibits BPH growth.
- Green Tea – Based on studies, green tea is the cheapest and most effective natural prostate health ingredient. Green tea extract helps treat pain in the lower urinary tract. The herbal extract also features antioxidants known as catechins that have been clinically-tested to enhance the immune system.
However, you should note that since green tea contains caffeine, if you consume significant amounts of green tea, you might stimulate frequency and urgency in urination, symptoms associated with BPH.
- Zinc – Based on studies, zinc is one of the most deficient minerals in humans. The mineral is also used as a way to manage BPH symptoms like incontinence, nocturnal urination, and dribbling of urine. The best part about the natural ingredient is that it is easy to get, and you can find it in poultry, fish, nuts, and several seeds like sesame and pumpkin.
- Pumpkin Seeds – According to research, pumpkin seeds are the most functional natural prostate health element. They are rich in fiber, antioxidants, zinc, and beneficial fats. Several studies have shown that the natural ingredient helps alleviate BPH symptoms like reducing urinary frequencies and urgencies.
- Beta-Sitosterol – The herbal mixture is extracted from sitosterols and phytosterols. Several studies have also shown that the herbal mix helps relieve urinary symptoms of BPH like nocturnal urination and incontinence.
- Stinging Nettle – True to its name, stinging nettle can cause a sharp jolt of inexplicable pain when touched. Nonetheless, nettle extract improves BPH symptoms, especially urgency in urination and urinary leaks.
- Babassu (Orbignya speciosa) – Oil from the Babassu nuts is another incredible natural prostate health regimen. It contains compounds with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory ingredients, thus making it ideal in managing BPH symptoms.
- Garlic Extract – Also known as allium sativum, garlic extract is one of the best natural remedies for enlarged prostate. It has allicin, a compound that provides bladder relief and helps you manage urinary tract infections.
- Zi-Shen – The herbal mix is a combination of three plants, including the Chinese cinnamon. According to research, Zi-Shen helps in managing urinary tract infections and other BPH symptoms.
- Phytoestrogen-rich Foods – Other natural remedies for enlarged prostate include phytoestrogens like alfalfa, soy food, and fava beans.
- Fruit and Vegetables – You might also try fruits and vegetables rich in antioxidants. These are typically products like citrus fruits, apples, pawpaw, pineapples, beetroot, carrots, and lettuce.
- Omega 3s – It would be best if you also tried taking natural prostate health foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids. These include foods like fish, nuts, and seeds like chia and hemp.
Which Supplement Works Best for Prostate Health?
Apart from herbal ingredients and lifestyle changes, there is evidence that prostate supplements like ProstaFlo can contribute to a healthy prostate. These supplements feature plant or herb-based ingredients that inhibit BPH symptoms, allowing you to empty your bladder effortlessly and produce a healthy urine stream.
ProstaFlo, for instance, features flower pollen (Secale cereale L.) extract, which provides bladder relief and manages BPH symptoms. However, it is essential to note that supplements might not give you immediate results. Taking them regularly helps, but you need to follow the dosage directions from the manufacturer. Also, seek medical advice if symptoms persist.
Frequently Asked Questions
Based on studies, the cause of prostate enlargement is believed to be connected to hormones, especially when men get older. Since hormonal balance changes with time, that might lead to prostate enlargement, causing several signs of prostate problems.
Kegel exercises are the best and easiest exercises to help you shrink prostate fast. These exercises help in strengthening your pelvic muscles, which control your urine flow.
No, BPH is not curable. However, several treatments can reduce signs of prostate problems and help you to shrink prostate size. Some of these treatments include taking alpha-blockers, going through various therapies like heat therapy, among others.
According to research, taking green tea is one of the ideal ways on how to shrink prostate. Green tea features powerful antioxidants that help your body to fight and reduce prostate size.
There are several ways on how to shrink prostate and bring urinary issues under control. These include:
- Keeping fit by jogging, walking, and swimming
- Using condom-shaped urinary sheaths. These sheaths help in draining urine into a small bag
- Double voiding. When you urinate, go once, then try going again some minutes later. It will help you empty your bladder comfortably
- Staying hydrated by taking two liters of water every day
The various signs of prostate problems can be uncomfortable, and since aging catches you by surprise, an enlarged prostate can be difficult to avoid. Men in their late 40s start experiencing these distressing symptoms.
However, with a reliable natural prostate health regimen, you can easily manage frequent urination, urinary tract infections, incontinence, and other enlarged prostate issues.
It is crucial to remember that just because research and studies claim that a specific herbal extract is ideal for BPH does not mean that it will be 100% effective in handling urinary tract issues.
Like other herbal remedies, natural remedies for enlarged prostate could cause mild or severe side effects, especially if they interact with prescribed medication. You should make sure to check with your physician before trying any natural remedies.
2] ↑ https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21984774/
3] ↑ https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1765042/
4] ↑ https://www.urologyhealth.org/urology-a-z/b/benign-prostatic-hyperplasia-(bph)
5] ↑ https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12137626/
6] ↑ http://www.canjurol.com/html/free-articles/JUV22I5S1F_08_DrLowe.pdf
7] ↑ https://centrespringmd.com/zinc-deficiency-men/
8] ↑ https://www.karger.com/Article/FullText/362903
9] ↑ https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10796740/
10] ↑ https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/urologic-diseases/prostate-problems/prostate-enlargement-benign-prostatic-hyperplasia
11] ↑ https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4003843/