Introduction – How to Find the Best Treatments for Acne
Pimples are notorious for appearing on the face right when you need to look your best. This is why we all look for methods to get rid of acne quickly. To figure out the best way to treat your acne, you need to first understand the root causes behind pimples.
The bacterial infection leads to inflammation, which results in pimples. Therefore, to heal acne quickly, you need an overnight acne treatment with anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial ingredients.
Can You Get Rid of Pimples Overnight?
It is usually not possible to get rid of a pimple overnight. However, you can reduce its size and make it less noticeable. When tackling a pimple at the eleventh hour, follow a two-fold strategy of reducing the size and minimizing the redness or pain that accompanies it.
If the pimple is red and swollen, DIY acne treatments can reduce the swelling overnight and reduce it to a whitehead. Moreover, various anti-inflammatory treatments can alleviate the pain and redness, and shrink the pimple to a small bump on the face.
You need to remember that picking at the pimple or squeezing it may sound tempting, but it will only make matters worse. Squeezing a pimple can aggravate the redness and can even result in more pimples around it. Instead, to get rid of acne faster, try shrinking the pimple as much as possible with effective home remedies.
Once it has reduced its size, it will be easier to conceal it with makeup. Also, by repeating the overnight acne treatment every night, you can heal it completely within a few days. So, be patient and do not panic the next time you get a pimple right before a special occasion!
10 DIY Home Remedies for Acne That Work!
1. Tea Tree Oil Spot Treatment
Tea tree oil is an excellent overnight acne treatment because of its potent antimicrobial properties. It can reduce the redness, pain, and inflammation caused by acne and can kill the acne-causing bacteria too. Besides, it is an affordable and effective home remedy for acne that can heal and prevent pimples.
How to Use Tea Tree Oil as A Spot Treatment for Acne
- Dilute a few drops of tea tree oil with 30ml of carrier oil like Jojoba oil or rose water.
- Store this diluted mixture in an air-tight bottle.
- Take a few drops of this mixture on a cotton swab and apply it directly to your pimples as a spot treatment at night. It will shrink your pimples overnight and make them less painful too.
Ice is effective at reducing the pain and inflammation caused by pimples. Icing is a great way to get rid of a pimple overnight because it brings all the pus to the tip of the pimple. This results in the formation of a whitehead and reduces the size of the acne.
How to Use Ice to Heal Acne Faster
- Wrap a few ice cubes in a clean cotton cloth and place gently on top of your pimples after washing your face.
- Do this for 5-10 minutes as per your comfort, and then take the ice off your face.
- Repeat after 15-20 minutes and do it at least 4-5 times before going to bed. Your pimple will be less painful and smaller when you wake up the next day.
- To get rid of a pimple overnight, apply the tea tree oil spot treatment after icing the skin in the evening. This will further expedite the healing process.
3. Green Tea Toner
According to studies, green tea contains polyphenols that possess anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. They can be effective at shrinking and healing pimples quickly. Moreover, polyphenols also reduce excess sebum production on the skin, which is one of the root causes of acne. Additionally, a green tea treatment can work wonders on acne-prone skin.
How to Use Green Tea as A Soothing Toner for Pimples
- To make a very simple green tea toner, steep loose green tea or green tea bags in hot water for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, strain the liquid and store it in a clean container in the refrigerator.
- Once the liquid is cool, apply it to your skin with a clean cotton pad every night to heal and reduce acne.
4. Neem Oil
Neem oil is a plant-based oil that is famous for its antibacterial properties. It can kill acne-causing bacteria and reduce pimples and inflammation with regular use. Moreover, it also contains antioxidants and Vitamin E that strengthen and protect the skin. Here is how you can use this natural ingredient to get rid of acne.
How To Use Neem Oil To Heal Pimples Overnight
- Wash your face with lukewarm water and a gentle cleanser.
- Pour a couple of drops of organic Neem oil on a cotton Q-tip.
- To get rid of a pimple overnight, apply the oil to your pimples with the Q-tip before going to bed. Your acne will look significantly smaller the next morning.
5. Honey Mask
Honey is a popular ingredient for DIY acne treatments because of its antimicrobial properties. Furthermore, it is hydrating, soothing, and gentle on the skin. It is an excellent treatment for painful and inflamed acne. It also contains mild natural exfoliants that will brighten your skin as a bonus!
How To Use Honey To Shrink Acne Faster
- Apply a layer of organic honey on clean and dry skin with a spatula or brush.
- Leave it on your skin for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with warm water after 15 minutes. Your skin will look calmer, and your acne will hurt less instantly.
- For stubborn pimples, you can even use honey as an overnight acne treatment and rinse it off the next morning.
6. Turmeric Spot Treatment
Turmeric is a marvelous ingredient to get rid of a pimple overnight. Its antiseptic properties help to heal acne faster while it also adds a radiance to the skin. When using turmeric in skincare, try to pick organic variants that are marked as skin-safe. Food grade turmeric may not be as gentle on the skin.
How To Use Turmeric To Heal Pimples Overnight
- Mix a teaspoon of turmeric with yogurt, milk, or rose water, as per your preference, to create a thick paste.
- Apply this paste to your pimples with a cotton swab and leave it on overnight.
- The next morning, wash off the turmeric with a gentle cleanser and tepid water.
- Use this overnight acne treatment every night until your pimples heal completely.
7. Clay Masks
Kaolin Clay and Bentonite Clay are widely used in DIY acne treatments. This is because they suck out the excess dirt and sebum from the pores, healing existing acne and preventing future breakouts too. These clays are readily available as powders that you can mix into a paste at home for quick acne treatment.
How To Use Clay To Shrink Acne
- Mix two tablespoons of powdered clay with plain water or rose water till you get a smooth paste.
- Apply it all over your skin as a face mask or only where you have pimples as a spot treatment.
- Rinse off with warm water after 15 minutes. Your skin will look less greasy and your acne would have shrunk too.
8. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar can kill acne-causing bacteria and can also unclog your congested pores. It can help to get rid of acne quickly. This ingredient made from fermented apple juice is rich in exfoliating acids that can also brighten your skin and reduce blemishes faster. Here is how you can use apple cider vinegar in your DIY acne remedies.
How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar On Acne
- Mix one part of organic apple cider vinegar with 3 parts of water. This dilution is crucial because apple cider vinegar is very acidic.
- Dip a cotton pad in this diluted mixture and gently wipe it all over your face.
- Leave the diluted vinegar on your skin for 10 seconds and then wash it off with lukewarm water. Repeat this every evening to achieve clear and acne-free skin.
9. Witch Hazel Treatment
Witch Hazel is a medicinal plant with numerous health benefits. According to studies, the extracts from this plant contain anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that can reduce acne and skin irritation. You can either use witch hazel oil or extracts on your acne or can make your witch hazel toner at home with this recipe.
How To Make Witch Hazel Toner At Home
- Boil witch hazel bark in water for 10-15 minutes.
- Take the water off the heat and strain it to remove the bark from the liquid.
- Cool the liquid and apply it as a toner all over your face at night with a cotton pad. You will notice less acne within a few days.
10. Cucumber Juice
Cucumber juice is rich in Vitamins A, C, E, which help to heal acne and strengthen the skin. Moreover, the cooling properties of cucumber provide immediate relief from painful acne. There are multiple ways to use cucumber in DIY acne treatments. You can simply apply cucumber slices for instant relief, but here is a more effective remedy.
How To Use Cucumber Juice On Acne
- Grate a cucumber and then squeeze the pulp so that it releases its juices.
- Strain the juice and store it in a jar. Also, collect the pulp in a bowl and cool it in the refrigerator.
- You can apply the pulp on any active acne and leave it on for 15-20 minutes to heal them faster.
- You can also use the cucumber juice as a toner, or a mixer for your DIY face masks to further calm your skin.
Everyone with acne-prone skin wants to know how to get rid of a pimple overnight. While pimples cannot magically disappear within a few hours, with effective home remedies, you can shrink them faster.
While acne medication and topical creams can help you against severe acne, these home remedies can provide instant relief from sudden breakouts. So, if you struggle with frequent acne breakouts, it might be helpful to keep these DIY skincare ingredients handy. They can help you get rid of acne faster during skin emergencies. When the pain or redness of pimples gets out of hand, you will be prepared to combat it with these DIY treatments!