Sleep aid supplements help to provide you with restful sleep and also improve your mood.
Below are the top rated sleep aid supplements that can improve the quantity and quality of your sleep.
Reasons Why You Have Trouble Sleeping at Night
Sleep deprivation is exhibited by not getting a sufficient amount of sleep. It is not a disease but is a result of circumstances or disorders.
Sleep deprivation may happen for these reasons:
- Aging – Men and women of age often suffer from sleep problems due to medical conditions or drug therapies.
- Stress – Stress is one of the culprits of sleep problems. It causes an increase in the hormone, corticosteroids.
- Sleep Disorders – Parasomnia, sleep apnea, insomnia, restless legs syndrome, and narcolepsy.
- Health Disorders – Depression, Alzheimer’s disease, mental disorders, cancer, joint problems, or stroke are associated with difficulty sleeping.
What Are the Causes of Sleep Problems?
Sleep is a natural occurrence in humans. Due to several factors, many people find it difficult to sleep at night. The following can influence sleep quality:
- Work – Your work environment and job may alter your sleeping pattern, possibly due to rotating shifts. When you are forced to stay awake at night to fulfill your duty, your sleep-wake cycle changes, which often leads to irregular patterns.
- Stress – Stress is a part of life but high levels of stress threaten your health. It can make sleeping difficult due to the increased levels of cortisol in your body.
- Medical Conditions – Anxiety and depression can affect your ability to achieve sleep due to hormonal imbalances that impact neurotransmitter functions.
- Medications – Drug therapies incorporate caffeine, alcohol, thyroid hormone, and corticosteroids. These substances often cause jitters, insomnia, and suppressed REM sleep.
Which Ingredients Make Supplements Work Effectively?
Ingredients that make sleep aid supplements work effectively include the following:
- Melatonin – Melatonin plays a major role in regulating the sleep-wake cycle. It is a hormone stimulated by the absence of light. Melatonin controls the sleep-wake pattern, promoting a better quality of sleep and reducing feelings of anxiety.
- Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid (GABA) – Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid (GABA) is a key neurotransmitter in the brain. It works by decreasing excitatory activity in the central nervous system. This results in restful sleep and a boosted mood when you wake up.
Other ingredients you should look out for are Valerian Root, Tryptophan, and L-theanine.
What Are the Best Sleeping Aids?
The top rated sleep aid supplements include the following:
Dreamwell Ultra is one of the most advanced sleep aids you can find in various online stores. It uses the natural form of Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid (GABA), an essential neurotransmitter in the brain.
This neurotransmitter helps to relieve stress and anxiety, and this results in a relaxed mood and allows you to fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer. Dreamwell Ultra is manufactured by a renowned company called Stop Aging Now. Read our full review
Relaxium Sleep is an excellent choice if you have struggled to get good sleep. It consists of a blend of natural ingredients that improves your overall health and fight your nighttime woes.
These ingredients are clinically proven, and they include magnesium, melatonin, GABA, and Sensoril, among others. These ingredients treat stress, anxiety, and depression and balance the sleep-wake cycle of the body. Relaxium Sleep is a little expensive, but the reviews from its users support its effectiveness. Read our full review
Have you been in a rough patch, struggling to get some shut-eye? Getting some sleep has never been easier with Patches. Patch is a specially formulated sleep aid designed for people who suffer from an irregular sleep pattern and is worn as a patch.
This makes it easy to use and apply to the arm, thigh, foot, and shoulder. The advantage of this product is it does need to be consumed and may be preferred by users who have trouble swallowing pills. Moreover, it contains only natural ingredients that cause no severe side effects. Read our full review
This sleep aid is filled with a lot of clinically proven ingredients that are sure to get you dozing off to dreamland in a matter of minutes. It is made by nature’s bounty, a company that takes pride in producing efficient and quality supplements.
Sleep3 promotes relaxation and calmness, induces sleep more quickly, and enhances the quality of sleep. It is a relatively inexpensive product, and although there is no refund policy offered, many of its users gave positive reviews. Read our full review
Pros and Cons of Using Sleep Aid Supplements
- Sleep aid supplements reduce stress and promote a good mood.
- Using these products helps you fall asleep more quickly.
- Supplements promote restful sleep.
- These products make you feel well-rested and refreshed when you wake.
- Some formulas may cause side effects like dizziness, nausea, and drowsiness.
- These supplements are not suitable for pregnant women and nursing mothers.
- Some products may cause grogginess or drowsiness in the mornings.
Frequently Asked Questions
Vitamins have many benefits to the body. The vitamins which are good for sleep include Vitamin B1(thiamin), Vitamin B3 (niacin), Vitamin B5, B6, B9, and B12. These substances play an important role in the regulation of the sleep-wake cycle.
The primary ingredients in the most effective sleep aid supplements are melatonin, GABBA, valerian root, tryptophan, and L-theanine. All these ingredients have been proven in several high-quality studies to improve the quality of sleep.
Supplements may cause mild side effects, but they are quite safe to use. Most sleep aid supplements feature natural ingredients, and this minimizes the incidence of severe side effects. But note that many of the ingredients in these supplements are not suitable for children, pregnant women, and nursing mothers.
Many of these top rated sleep aid supplements come in capsules or tablets. They contain several ingredients that have potent effects and can help augment sleep. These ingredients found in these supplements balance various sleep hormones and also reduce stress levels. This results in a better quality of sleep as well as brain functions.
Sleep Aid Supplements are developed to improve the quality of your sleep and reduce stress. Many brands are manufacturing several of these supplements.
That is why it is important to stop sabotaging your sleep. Additionally, consult your doctor and do your research before you take any supplements to know what is suitable for you.