Enlarged prostate occurs in older men. In the male reproductive system, the prostate is a small muscular gland. The prostate is as tiny as walnut and is below the bladder, next to the rectum. As men start to get old, the gland cells begin to increase, enlarging the prostate. It causes severe pain and automatically leads to lifestyle changes. Many men wonder how to reduce prostate enlargement naturally as they aren’t aware of them.
As such, it is essential to find out more about these methods. Read on for more insight into prostate enlargement treatment home remedies.
Different Signs of Prostate Problems
There are different signs of prostate problems that men go through. One of the signs of a prostate problem is difficulty in peeing. If you take a long time to pee, consult a doctor. Another sign of a prostate problem is when you strain to pee. If your urine flow isn’t good but weak, it is a sign of a prostate problem. And when you go to pee, it starts, stops, and starts again. If this happens regularly, it is a sign of prostate problems.
If you keep peeing frequently and haven’t had any liquid to drink, it is one of the obvious signs of prostate problems. If you wake up often in the middle of the night to pee, you could have a prostate problem. It is essential to see a general practitioner if you feel you have an enlarged prostate, even if the symptoms are mild. If you find blood in your pee, it is better to visit the doctor immediately before the condition worsens.
However, signs of prostate problems start from the age of 40. These are due to the cell changes in the testicle, which lead to prostate enlargement.
Lifestyle Tips for Managing BPH
BPH is one of the causes of enlarged prostates but is treatable using prostate enlargement home remedies. If you are one of the few men who suffer from BPH, follow these simple lifestyle tips to maintain BPH.
- One of the prostate enlargement home remedies is to reduce the intake of caffeine and alcohol. Alcohol tends to make the bladder less effective. It causes you to suffer difficulties when peeing. Also, alcohol worsens prostate enlargement by causing bladder irritation. If you do not stop consuming alcoholic beverages, it will cause bladder blockage.
- Another solution for prostate enlargement home remedies is ensuring not to have a lot of liquid every two hours. It is essential to pee before you sleep and start a journey.
- The third solution for prostate enlargement home remedies is to empty the bladder every time you urinate.
- Exercising is another fix for prostate enlargement home remedies. It is vital to exercise daily to strengthen your pelvic muscles. Eat more fiber, which will reduce constipation. If you suffer from an enlarged prostate, constipation will worsen your condition.
- Maintaining your health and not eating any spicy foods is one of the best natural remedies for enlarged prostate. It has been found that some spices may cause prostate enlargement. As such, one of the solutions on how to shrink the prostate is by eating a low-fat diet. Also, avoid taking medications that may worsen BPH.
Various Treatments for Enlarged Prostate
Before opting for treatment, your doctor will do a few tests to see if the prostate enlargement is severe. If your condition isn’t good, the doctor will recommend the following treatments. Along with the disease, the doctor will consider your prostate size, age, health, and if you suffer from any other medical conditions.
- Alpha-Blockers for BPH. The doctor will recommend this to loosen the bladder neck muscles and its fiber in the prostate. When the power is relaxed, it is easier to pee, and there will be an increase in urination. You will not pee frequently. It is effective after two days of taking the alpha-blocker. Some of the alpha-blockers are Hytrin, Uroxatral, Flomax, Rapaflo, and Cardura.
- 5- Alpha-Reductase Inhibitors for BPH. It is one of the ways on how to shrink the prostate. It blocks hormones that grow the prostate glands, thus reducing the prostate size. There are two types of 5- alpha-reductase inhibitors, namely Avodart and Proscar. These inhibitors are effective after three to six months.
- TUNA Treatment. TUNA is a short form of transurethral needle ablation and is one of the trusted prostate enlargement home remedies. This treatment procedure uses two needles, which carry high-frequency radio waves that inflame a particular region in the prostate. The treatment allows men to have good urine flow and decreases the BPH symptoms. You can do the treatment at home; the doctor will use an anesthetic to prevent burning sensation.
How Does Prostate Growth Occur?
One of the central and important body organs in the male reproductive system is the prostate. It is located below the bladder and borders the urethra. The prostate takes urine from the bladder. Its function is to assist in making fluid in the semen, which bears sperm from the testicles. After men age, the size of the prostate goes from a walnut to an apricot.
The prostate gland goes through two stages of growth. The first is when you are in your teen years. During this time, it grows bigger by two sizes than it is. After twenty-five years, it grows more, although it turns out to be a complication if the growth continues. It is termed prostate enlargement, which exhibits negative implications on prostate functions.
Prostate growing is a noncancerous disease. The tissue layer that borders the prostate stops it from external growth. It results in the prostate gland thrusting the urethra. But, there are natural remedies for enlarged prostate.
Different Natural Home Remedies for an Enlarged Prostate
Prostate enlargement does not need medical treatment if it isn’t severe as there are natural remedies for enlarged prostate. However, ensure you consult your doctor before implementing any home remedies.
These remedies are efficient especially if you are looking for how to shrink the prostate.
These treatments can be located in your homes. Green tea is one of the best natural remedies for enlarged prostate. It contains many antioxidants components that assist in decreasing prostate enlargement.
Lifestyle Changes. As mentioned above, it is imperative to change your lifestyle if you have prostate enlargement. Eat healthily, exercise daily, avoid foods that will increase your condition, and sleep well. It is one of the natural remedies for enlarged prostate.
What you eat will help in how to reduce prostate enlargement naturally. A change in diet will decrease the growth. Include fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet. Eat your vegetables by either stir-frying them or baking them. Avoid oily, processed, and fried foods. Eating home-cooked meals is the best no matter how busy your day gets. Lifestyle changes are an essential prostate enlargement treatment home remedies.
Sitz Bath. It is one of the most effective prostate enlargement home remedies. It will decrease swelling and enhance healing.
Fill the bathtub with lukewarm water, and add two-fifty grams of salt to it. In another bathtub, fill it with cold water and add essential oils such as lavender drops. Sit in the warm water bathtub for a few minutes and then shift to the cold bathtub for a minute or two before you have your shower. Follow this routine twice a week for best results. Ultimately, it reduces the signs of prostate problems.
- African Plum Extract (Pygeum). Research indicates a great range of fatty acids, alcohol, and beta-sitosterol that contain an antioxidant and has an anti-burnable effect on the prostate. Studies suggest that you should take a hundred to two hundred grams daily. It is considered one of the best prostate enlargement home remedies.
- Stinging Nettle. The antioxidants in stinging nettle are almost the same as pygeum. It is usually used with saw palmetto for it to be effective. It also aids in reducing the signs of prostate problems.
Water. Water is essential to life. Water not only quenches your thirst but helps your body in fighting many diseases. It boosts the immune system and helps in losing weight.
Drinking enough water as per your weight ensures you have glowing skin. It aids in diluting pee, which reduces bladder irritation. The urination gets germs in the body, and doctors recommend drinking water as one of the prostate enlargement home remedies.
Frequently Asked Questions
Foods rich in antioxidants are great for prostate enlargement treatment home remedies. Green leafy vegetables are a great example. Further, broccoli, tofu, avocadoes, tomatoes, bell peppers, sesame seeds, and salmon are also suitable for shrinking the prostate.
According to research, there is no specific reason that causes prostate enlargement. Scientists believe that as men grow old, their sex hormones change, which is a factor. It also happens if there is a family history.
If men have any abnormality with their testicles, they are prone to an enlarged prostate. Those who have opted for the removal of their testicles as one of the natural remedies for enlarged prostate at a young age will not develop BPH.
There are different prostate enlargement treatment home remedies you can take to shrink the prostate.
When you bleed while peeing or pee frequently, yet you haven't drunk a lot of water is a sign of bad prostate. When your pee comes in intervals is also a sign of bad prostate. If you experience this, consult your doctor for advice on how to reduce prostate enlargement naturally.
Prostaflo may be a good supplement for the prostate as it reinforces urinary and prostate health. It is made with vegan ingredients and contains hypoallergenic flower pollen. Take one capsule thrice a day with meals. It is also considered one of the prostate enlargement treatment home remedies.
Saw Palmetto is another supplement for the prostate. It is a herb that you can use to treat prostate enlargement. However, it may not be suitable for everyone and has side effects such as headaches and nausea. Take one capsule a day. Seek medical advice before you take it.
NOW company is a family business and manufactures Beta-Sitosterol Plant Sterols, a supplement for prostate enlargement. It contains phytosterol components. Take a doctor's recommendation before taking the pills.
Prostate enlargement isn’t severe if it stops growing after a certain age. But if it continues, it is best to see a doctor and get treatment. If the symptoms aren’t so bad, you can treat them at home. Only a few people get surgery done if the situation worsens.
One of the main reasons for prostate enlargement is old age and affects many men. It slows sex drive, contains blood in the urine, and can cause kidney failures.